YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE NOT TO ALLOW US TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (1) TO THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE NOT ACTING AS OUR AGENT, OR (2) TO BE USED FOR A PURPOSE THAT IS MATERIALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE PURPOSES DISCLOSED IN THIS POLICY.
We want you to enjoy every visit to DocuWalk, as well as every experience with DocuWalk Services, and you should be aware that the DocuWalk Services may make sensitive permissions requests on your computer, tablet or mobile device, and handle personal or sensitive user data (including personally identifiable information, financial and payment information, authentication information, phonebook or contact data, microphone and camera sensor data, and sensitive device data), and collect information about you and we may share that information with third parties in certain circumstances. Please read the following provisions carefully to understand how DocuWalk collects, uses and discloses personally identifiable information from its users.
DocuWalk controls and operates its business and the DocuWalk Services from within the United States of
America, but to provide you with the Services, we may store, process and transmit information in the
United States and locations around the world - including those outside your country. Information may
also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Notwithstanding the above, our online privacy practices are governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New York, which may differ from privacy laws in your state or home country.
1. What Kind of Information We Collect
Whether accessing the DocuWalk Services from your home computer or while on the run from your smart phone or tablet, DocuWalk and its agents may collect some information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your:
- mailing address and/or zip code;
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- username and password (for account administration);
- device ID, including IP address;
- financial account information and other personal financial and payment information (that you submit to us for transaction processing);
- additional personal information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events (such as your preferences); and
- certain identifying information such as your date of birth and contact information.
In addition, we may collect other types of data elements (“Other Information”) that do not reveal your identity or that do not relate directly to you or any other individual, such as:
- browser and device information, including operating system;
- demographic information and other information provided by you that we may combine with other users of the DocuWalk Services or use on its own;
- mobile application usage data;
- aggregated information such as “click stream” information such as entry and exit points for the DocuWalk Services (including referring URLs or domains), certain DocuWalk Services traffic statistics, page views, and impressions; and
In addition, when users request pages on the DocuWalk Services, our servers automatically log the IP address of the particular user. The IP address is a unique number assigned to your computer in order to identify it whenever you are surfing the Web.
2. How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
- process and manage your purchase and use of our services;
- respond to your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments or statements on message boards or in our online forums;
- create and deliver personalized promotions, including by combining your personal information with Other Information, such as the number of times you log in, and the amounts and types of purchases you make;
- communicate with you by mail, telephone, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging about DocuWalk, including but not limited to information about your activity or purchases, your services, accounts, contests you may enter into, your requests for information, and to update you about changes to the DocuWalk Services;
- communicate with you, including by mail, telephone, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging, in connection with our marketing efforts, such as when we send you offers and promotions that you can take advantage of through the DocuWalk Services;
- allow you to send communications to others through the DocuWalk Services;
- further our business purposes, such as to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, to enhance, improve or modify the DocuWalk Services, to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to operate and expand our business activities;
- send “transactional or relationship” communications to you, such as notices to facilitate a transaction you have conducted or messages that provide information about your account, using various electronic communication, including email and mobile communications;
- comply with legal obligations; and
- meet legal retention periods.
We normally collect or use personal information from you or others only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect or retain personal information or may need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. For example, when we:
- Use personal information to create and manage an account, we need it in order to provide relevant DocuWalk Services.
- Gather and record data associated with use of a digital certificate or digital signature, it is to comply with regulations.
- Use names and email addresses for email marketing purposes, we do so with your consent (which you can withdraw at any time).
- Gather usage data and analyze it to improve our Services, we do so based on our legitimate interest in safeguarding and improving our Services.
3. How We May Disclose Personal Information We Collect
Your privacy is very important to us. We generally will not disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of DocuWalk or our Affiliates, except in the following circumstances.
Service Providers. We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services.
To Perform Services That You Request. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties to perform services you request or functions you initiate, such as when you post information and materials on message boards and forums, including but not limited to those on docuwalk.com, our Facebook or other social media pages. When you post information in a public forum it becomes public information. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to identify you to anyone to whom you send communications through the DocuWalk Services.
Corporate Transactions or Events. We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Other Legal Reasons. In addition, we may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to lawful requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of DocuWalk, our Affiliates, you and others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
Accountability for Onward Transfers. We will enter into contracts with third parties to whom we disclose your Personal Information that provides that such data may only be used for limited and specified purposes consistent with your consent and this Policy, and that the third party will provide the same level of protection as DocuWalk.
4. Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain personal information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. Where there are technical limitations that prevent deletion or anonymization, we safeguard personal information and limit active use of it.
5. How to Access and Manage Your Account Information
Managing and Correcting Your Information. You can log into your account via the DocuWalk website or mobile app to manage and correct factual inaccuracies in the information we have on file about you. You can also contact us by using the contact information on the DocuWalk website https://docuwalk.com/ and we will assist you, or do it for you.
Your Privacy Rights. You may have certain rights related to your personal information, subject to local data protection laws. These rights may include:
- You can access and review personal information associated with your account at any time by visiting https://docuwalk.com/. You also can request the following information: how we collect and use your personal information and why; the categories of personal information involved; the categories of recipients of your personal information; how we received your personal information and its source; our business purpose for using your personal information; and how long we use or store your personal information or the manner in which we determine relevant retention periods.
- You have a right to correct your personal information.
- In certain situations, California and European Union residents may ask that we delete/erase or stop using your personal information (and object to use of your personal information) or export your personal information.
- Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to decline consent and/or if provided, to withdraw consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent. At any time, you can request that we stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- You have a right to provide us with guidance on the use, storage, and deletion of your personal information after your death.
- You have a right to raise questions or complaints with your local data protection authority at any time.
- You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you. You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity. If you have an account with us, we may verify you through your login of your account. If you do not have an account with us, we may seek a confirmation by email or seek other identification information, including government-issued identification, to verify your identity.
You may authorize an agent to make a request to us on your behalf and we will verify the identity of your agent or authorized legal representative by either seeking confirmation from you or documents that establish the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf.
Please note your rights and choices vary depending upon your location. Certain personal information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of personal information so that we can provide the product and Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our product and Services.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at https://docuwalk.com/ or email email@example.com.
California residents may ask for a list of third parties that have received your personal information for direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. This list also contains the types of personal information shared. We provide this list at no cost. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at https://docuwalk.com/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may exercise your right to opt out by logging into your account or contacting us by using the Contact form.
6. How We Provide Security and Protect Your Personal Information
DocuWalk has implemented reasonable safeguards designed to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through our DocuWalk Services. We also adhere to several self-regulatory frameworks, including the EU-US Privacy Shield Frameworks.
With respect to payment card information and other Personal Information collected through our DocuWalk Services, we use Transport Layer Security Technology or TLS to encrypt or scramble that information during transmission. We also handle all user data securely, including transmitting it using modern cryptography (for example, over HTTPS) and using blockchain technology.
Under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation, companies must ensure certain safeguards when transferring personal data outside of the European Economic Area to countries that are not considered as offering an adequate level of protection for personal data. DocuWalk relies upon a variety of legal mechanisms to transfer personal data, including contracts with our vendors and service providers that require that they also adhere to these safeguards, and DocuWalk remains accountable for your Personal Information in cases of onward transfer to third parties.
Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information, including ensuring that you have up-to-date antivirus software. If you believe that your DocuWalk account or any information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately through the Contact Us information provided below. Because our system is secure, you should also store your password in a safe place.
When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
7. Our Policy on Cookies, Interest-Based Advertising and “Do Not Track”
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed in your computer browser directories to store your information about your use of the DocuWalk Services and your activities online (collectively, “Cookies”). A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your Control of Cookies
If you do not wish to receive Cookies or wish to manage when you accept Cookies in general, you may set your browser to reject Cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept our Cookies, if you set your browser to reject Cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the DocuWalk Services. The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new Cookie, or how to disable Cookies altogether. If you block or otherwise reject our Cookies, you may lose some of the functionality of our site. For example, you may not be able to use any products and services that require you to sign in.
Online Marketing and Advertising
In addition, we and our partners may use these Data Collection Technologies to track the actions of users of the DocuWalk Services, to measure statistics of our marketing efforts, and to deliver advertisements on the DocuWalk Services that may be more relevant to individual consumers and that will improve the consumer experience on the DocuWalk Services. For example, if you give us your zip code and we thus know you live in an area where a particular promotion is going on, we may deliver to you a communication or advertisement that is specific to that promotion.
Please note that certain third parties that we do not control may use Data Collection Technologies on the DocuWalk Services such as information about your use of the DocuWalk Services, including for analytics and fraud prevention as well as any other legal purpose. When we use the term “Data Collection Technologies” we are referring to any technology that collects information about your use of the DocuWalk Services and potentially about your activities when you leave the DocuWalk Services and visit other sites on the Internet.
WHILE WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING YOU WITH MEANINGFUL PRIVACY PROTECTIONS, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CURRENTLY, WE DO NOT RECOGNIZE OR RESPOND TO BROWSER INITIATED DO NOT TRACK (“DNT”) SIGNALS.
8. Social Networking and Third-Party Sites
9. Children’s Online Privacy
DocuWalk recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of children. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen(13). When a user discloses personal information on the DocuWalk Services, the user is representing to us that he or she is at least thirteen (13) years of age. If a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personally identifiable information through the DocuWalk Services, we ask that a parent or guardian notify us by using the contact information on the DocuWalk website https://docuwalk.com/, and we will delete the child’s information from our records.
10. Third Parties and Your Responsibilities
If you choose to use any DocuWalk Services functionality that allows you to send messages to third parties outside of the DocuWalk Services, you must obtain their permission to provide their personal information, such as their name, phone number or email address, to DocuWalk, and all other parties necessary to carry out the requested functionality, for example, by routing a message. You are solely responsible for maintenance of the confidentiality and security of any information which you transmit from or store on your computer, tablet, or mobile device for purposes of accessing and using the DocuWalk Services, and for all transactions and other activities undertaken in your name, whether authorized or unauthorized. You agree to immediately notify DocuWalk of any unauthorized transactions associated with the DocuWalk Services, or any other breach of security, and that DocuWalk shall not be responsible for any losses, costs or expenses arising out of the loss or theft of information which you may have transmitted from or stored on any device of yours, or from unauthorized or fraudulent transactions associated with the DocuWalk Services.
11. Email Communications, Text Communications and Push Notifications
If you sign up for a user account using the DocuWalk Services, you are by default opted in to receive promotional email communications, text communications and push notifications from DocuWalk (“Electronic Communications”) which may include promotional communications, special offers, account related information, and system messages.
You may opt-out to stop receiving Electronic Communications other than “transactional or relationship” communications referenced above by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any DocuWalk email or updating your DocuWalk account if you have one. To opt-out of SMS text messages from DocuWalk, you can update your DocuWalk account if you have one OR text STOP to the appropriate short code from the mobile device where you received the SMS text message. If you wish to stop receiving “transactional or relationship” Electronic Communications, you must delete your DocuWalk user account.
13. Contact Us with Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, you can contact us by using the contact information on the DocuWalk website https://docuwalk.com/.
For consumers with disabilities who need to access this Policy in an alternative format, please contact:
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, DocuWalk commits to promptly resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact DocuWalk using the Contact form referenced above, and inserting the words “Privacy Shield Inquiry/Complaint”in your message. You may also refer a complaint to your local data protection authority and we will work with it to resolve your concern. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles. DocuWalk has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs)with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU.
In addition, DocuWalk is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC).