YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE NOT TO ALLOW SHELTERZOOM TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (1) TO THIRD PARTIES WHO ARE NOT CUSTOMERS OR USERS AND WHO ARE NOT ACTING AS OUR AGENT, OR (2) TO BE USED FOR A PURPOSE THAT IS MATERIALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE PURPOSES DISCLOSED IN THIS POLICY.
We want you to enjoy every visit to our products or services, as well as every experience with ShelterZoom Services, & you should be aware that the ShelterZoom Services may make sensitive permissions requests on your computer, tablet or mobile device, & handle personal or sensitive user data (including personally identifiable information (PII), financial & payment information, authentication information, phonebook or contact data, microphone & camera sensor data, & sensitive device data), & collect information about you & we may share that information with third parties in certain circumstances. Please read the following provisions carefully to understand how ShelterZoom collects, uses & discloses personally identifiable information (PII) from its users.
ShelterZoom controls & operates its business & the ShelterZoom Services from within the United States of America, but to provide you with the Services, we may store, process & transmit information in the United States & locations around the world including those outside your country. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Our online privacy practices are governed by the laws of the United States & the State of New York, which may differ from privacy laws in your state or home country.
1. What Kind of Information We Collect
Whether accessing the ShelterZoom Services from your home computer or while on the run from your smart phone or tablet, ShelterZoom & its agents may collect some information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your:
- mailing address &/or zip code;
- telephone or mobile number;
- e-mail address;
- username & password (for account administration);
- device ID, including IP address;
- financial account information & other personal financial & payment information (that you submit to us for transaction processing);
- additional personal information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events (such as your preferences); &
- certain identifying information such as your date of birth & contact information.
In addition, we may collect other types of data elements (“Other Information”) that do not reveal your identity or that do not relate directly to you or any other individual, such as:
- browser & device information, including operating system;
- demographic information & other information provided by you that we may combine with other users of the ShelterZoom Services or use on its own;
- mobile application usage data;
- aggregated information such as “click stream” information such as entry & exit points for the ShelterZoom Services (including referring URLs or domains), certain ShelterZoom Services traffic statistics, page views, & impressions; &
In addition, when users request pages on the ShelterZoom Services, our servers automatically log the IP address of the particular user. The IP address is a unique number assigned to your computer in order to identify it whenever you are surfing the Web.
2. How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
- process & manage your purchase & use of our services;
- respond to your inquiries or requests, & to post your comments or statements on message boards or in our online forums;
- create & deliver personalized promotions, including by combining your personal information with Other Information, such as the number of times you log in, & the amounts & types of purchases you make;
- communicate with you by mail, telephone, e-mail, mobile alerts & SMS text messaging about ShelterZoom products or services, including but not limited to information about your activity or purchases, your services, accounts, contests you may enter into, your requests for information, & to update you about changes to the ShelterZoom Services;
- communicate with you, including by mail, telephone, e-mail, mobile alerts & SMS text messaging, in connection with our marketing efforts, such as when we send you offers & promotions that you can take advantage of through the ShelterZoom Services;
- allow you to send or receive communications to or from others through the ShelterZoom Services;
- further our business purposes, such as to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring & prevention, to enhance, improve or modify the ShelterZoom Services, to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns & to operate & expand our business activities;
- send “transactional or relationship” communications to you, such as notices to facilitate a transaction you have conducted or messages that provide information about your account, using various electronic communication, including email & mobile communications;
- comply with legal obligations; &
- meet legal retention periods.
We normally collect or use personal information from you or others only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests & not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights & freedoms. In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect or retain personal information or may need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. For example, when we:
- Use personal information to create & manage an account, we need it in order to provide relevant ShelterZoom Services.
- Gather & record data associated with use of a digital certificate or digital signature, it is to comply with regulations.
- Use names & email addresses for email marketing purposes, we do so with your consent (which you can withdraw at any time).
- Gather usage data & analyze it to improve our Services, we do so based on our legitimate interest in safeguarding & improving our Services.
3. Data You Provide to Other Customers or Users
If you choose to use certain ShelterZoom Services, other Customers & Users may receive your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, employment, or other types of Personal Information. You may choose to provide additional Personal Information to other Customers or Users through the communication features of the ShelterZoom Services.
When other Customers or Users receive your Personal Information, you are bound by the privacy policies, procedures, & practices of those other Customers or Users. We do not control & are not responsible for their privacy practices. If the other Customers or Users are individuals or small companies, there may be few legal restrictions on how they may use, store, or share your Personal Information. You may not have the ability to instruct other Customers or Users on the use, storage, or sharing of your Personal Information.
You may choose not to provide your Personal Information to other Customers or Users, including opting out of communications with them using the ShelterZoom Services. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use the ShelterZoom Services.
4. How We May Disclose Personal Information We Collect
Your privacy is very important to us. We generally will not disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of ShelterZoom or our Affiliates, except in the following circumstances.
Service Providers. We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services & related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing & other similar services.
To Perform Services That You Request. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties to perform services you request or functions you initiate, such as when you post information & materials on message boards & forums, including but not limited to those on shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, Document GPS email extension, our Facebook or other social media pages. When you post information in a public forum it becomes public information. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to identify you to anyone to whom you send communications through the ShelterZoom Services.
Corporate Transactions or Events. We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Other Legal Reasons. In addition, we may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to lawful requests from public & government authorities including public & government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas & other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of ShelterZoom, our Affiliates, you & others; & (7) to enforce our terms & conditions.
Accountability for Onward Transfers. We will enter into contracts with third parties to whom we disclose your Personal Information that provides that such data may only be used for limited & specified purposes consistent with your consent & this Policy, & that the third party will provide the same level of protection as ShelterZoom.
5. Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain personal information depends on the purposes for which we collected & use it &/or as required to comply with applicable laws. Where there are technical limitations that prevent deletion or anonymization, we safeguard personal information & limit active use of it.
6. How to Access & Manage Your Account Information
Managing & Correcting Your Information. You can log into your account via a ShelterZoom website or mobile app or download email extension (Document GPS) to manage & correct factual inaccuracies in the information we have on file about you. You can also contact us by using the contact information on any ShelterZoom website: shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, shelterzoom.com/document-gps & we will assist you, or do it for you.
Your Privacy Rights. You may have certain rights related to your personal information, subject to local data protection laws. These rights may include:
- You can access & review personal information associated with your account at any time by visiting & logging into a ShelterZoom product or service. You also can request the following information: how we collect & use your personal information & why; the categories of personal information involved; the categories of recipients of your personal information; how we received your personal information & its source; our business purpose for using your personal information; & how long we use or store your personal information or the manner in which we determine relevant retention periods.
- You have a right to correct your personal information.
- In certain situations, California & European Union residents may ask that we delete/erase or stop using your personal information (& object to the use of your personal information) or export your personal information.
- Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to decline consent &/or if provided, to withdraw consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
- At any time, you can request that we stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- You have a right to provide us with guidance on the use, storage, & deletion of your personal information after your death.
- You have a right to raise questions or complaints with your local data protection authority at any time.
- ou may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you. You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity. If you have an account with us, we may verify you through your login of your account. If you do not have an account with us, we may seek a confirmation by email or seek other identification information, including government-issued identification, to verify your identity.
You may authorize an agent to make a request to us on your behalf & we will verify the identity of your agent or authorized legal representative by either seeking confirmation from you or documents that establish the agent`s authorization to act on your behalf.
Please note your rights & choices vary depending upon your location. Certain personal information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of personal information so that we can provide the product & Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our product & Services.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, shelterzoom.com/document-gps or email email@example.com.
California residents may ask for a list of third parties that have received your personal information for direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. This list also contains the types of personal information shared. We provide this list at no cost. If you are a California resident & would like to request this information, please contact us at shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may exercise your right to opt out by logging into your account or by contacting us at shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, or email email@example.com.
7. How We Provide Security & Protect Your Personal Information
ShelterZoom has implemented reasonable safeguards designed to prevent loss, misuse & unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through our ShelterZoom Services.
With respect to payment card information & other Personal Information collected through our ShelterZoom Services, we use Transport Layer Security Technology or TLS to encrypt or scramble that information during transmission. We also handle all user data securely, including transmitting it using modern cryptography (for example, over HTTPS) & using blockchain technology.
Under the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), companies must ensure certain safeguards when transferring personal data outside of the European Economic Area to countries that are not considered as offering an adequate level of protection for personal data. ShelterZoom relies upon a variety of legal mechanisms to transfer personal data, including contracts with our vendors & service providers that require that they also adhere to these safeguards, & ShelterZoom remains accountable for your Personal Information in cases of onward transfer to third parties.
Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure & you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information, including ensuring that you have up-to-date antivirus & malware software. If you believe that your ShelterZoom account or any information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately through the Contact Us information provided below. Because our system is secure, you should also store your password in a safe place.
When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
8. Our Policy on Cookies, Interest-Based Advertising & “Do Not Track”
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed in your computer browser directories to store your information about your use of the ShelterZoom Services & your activities online (collectively, “Cookies”). A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (i.e. when does it expire), & a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device & how to manage & delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your Control of Cookies
If you do not wish to receive Cookies or wish to manage when you accept Cookies in general, you may set your browser to reject Cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept our Cookies, if you set your browser to reject Cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features & functionality of the ShelterZoom Services. The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new Cookie, or how to disable Cookies altogether. If you block or otherwise reject our Cookies, you may lose some of the functionality of our site. For example, you may not be able to use any products & services that require you to sign in.
Online Marketing & Advertising
In addition, we & our partners may use these Data Collection Technologies to track the actions of users of the ShelterZoom Services, to measure statistics of our marketing efforts, & to deliver advertisements on the ShelterZoom Services that may be more relevant to individual consumers & that will improve the consumer experience on the ShelterZoom Services. For example, if you give us your zip code & we thus know you live in an area where a particular promotion is going on, we may deliver to you a communication or advertisement that is specific to that promotion.
Please note that certain third parties that we do not control may use Data Collection Technologies on the ShelterZoom Services such as information about your use of the ShelterZoom Services, including for analytics & fraud prevention as well as any other legal purpose. When we use the term “Data Collection Technologies” we are referring to any technology that collects information about your use of the ShelterZoom Services & potentially about your activities when you leave the ShelterZoom Services & visit other sites on the Internet.
WHILE WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING YOU WITH MEANINGFUL PRIVACY PROTECTIONS, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CURRENTLY, WE DO NOT RECOGNIZE OR RESPOND TO BROWSER INITIATED DO NOTTRACK (“DNT”) SIGNALS.
9. Social Networking & Third-Party Sites
10. Children`s Online Privacy
ShelterZoom recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of children. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen(13). When a user discloses personal information on the ShelterZoom Services, the user is representing to us that he or she is at least thirteen (13) years of age. If a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personally identifiable information through the ShelterZoom Services, we ask that a parent or guardian notify us at shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, shelterzoom.com/document-gps or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Third Parties & Your Responsibilities
If you choose to use any ShelterZoom Services functionality that allows you to send messages to third parties outside of the ShelterZoom Services, you must obtain their permission to provide their personal information, such as their name, phone number or email address, to ShelterZoom, & all other parties necessary to carry out the requested functionality, for example, by routing a message. You are solely responsible for maintenance of the confidentiality & security of any information which you transmit from or store on your computer, tablet, or mobile device for purposes of accessing & using the ShelterZoom Services, & for all transactions & other activities undertaken in your name, whether authorized or unauthorized. You agree to immediately notify ShelterZoom of any unauthorized transactions associated with the ShelterZoom Services, or any other breach of security, & that ShelterZoom shall not be responsible for any losses, costs or expenses arising out of the loss or theft of information which you may have transmitted from or stored on any device of yours, or from unauthorized or fraudulent transactions associated with the ShelterZoom Services.
12. Email Communications, Text Communications & Push Notifications
If you sign up for a user account using the ShelterZoom Services, you are by default opted in to receive promotional email communications, text communications & push notifications from ShelterZoom (“Electronic Communications”) which may include promotional communications, special offers, account related information, & system messages.
You may opt-out to stop receiving Electronic Communications other than “transactional or relationship” communications referenced above by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any ShelterZoom email or updating your ShelterZoom account if you have one. To opt-out of SMS text messages from ShelterZoom, you can update your ShelterZoom account if you have one OR text STOP to the appropriate short code from the mobile device where you received the SMS text message. If you wish to stop receiving “transactional or relationship” Electronic Communications, you must delete your ShelterZoom user account.
14. Privacy Shield
15. Contact Us with Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, you can contact us at shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, shelterzoom.com/document-gps or email email@example.com.
For consumers with disabilities who need to access this Policy in an alternative format, please contact:
ShelterZoom Corp. 14
Wall Street, 20th Floor,
New York, NY 10005, USA
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, ShelterZoom commits to promptly resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact ShelterZoom at shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, shelterzoom.com/document-gps or email firstname.lastname@example.org., & inserting the words “Privacy Shield Inquiry/Complaint” in your message. You may also refer a complaint to your local data protection authority & we will work with it to resolve your concern. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles. ShelterZoom has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU.
In addition, ShelterZoom is subject to the investigatory & enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC).